Neck story, not the Nifty

Readers, here is a guest post from my lovely wife. She share's her Neck story, which started last year July and still looking for a climax.Ok, lets here from her own words

I came to US in July,2007 on H4. This is my first visit. Being new to USA, not much to do here, which forced me to look for laptop for entertainment. Having internet at finger tips and lot of time once hubby starts to office, I begin to explore WWW. Soon I realized the power of internet and started exploring in areas of my interest which is none other than Music. I started enjoying audio songs online and at the same time collecting the lyrics of my favourite numbers. I was so deep into this that in a day started collecting more than 30-40 numbers from various movies . I am happy, but there is something else happening without my knowledge . Yes , thats none other than the nerves around the neck which are getting hardened because of same posture of the neck.Within a week it hit hard on me and caused severe pain in the Neck.

I intially thought , its just like another neck pain and started applying few ointmnets got from India. No improvement seen, then moved to american medicines available over the counter like icepacks. Weeks gone there after by applying similar techniques,but of no use. Finally decided to visit the doctor and forced my Husband to get an appointment. We don't have a car at this time, so took help of my neighbour. Doctor conducted few tests like 'X-ray' and then told me that, the neck is tested severly without major motion for long hours and also root caused the reason .To my surprise it turned out to be the heavy usage of the LAPTOP

Doctor prescribed few medicines , some US top selling ice patches and then massage sessions (PT) thrice a week. Everything costed the insurance and so as me in the form of co pays.Now I am going through these and slowly recovering without knowing when will it come to an end.

Here is what i learnt during this time.

1. Do spent only limited time on laptop if you are not working in IT
2. Make sure to arrange ergonomics right ( seat position,height, vision etc)
3. Take small small breaks b/w the work and don't stare at laptop for long hours continuously
4. Do some neck exercises everyday if you are an IT engineer.
5. Last, but not the least, drink lots of lots of water

Make sure , you follow these before the similar story repeats for you.

Do you also have a similar story then share your thoughts and learnings in the comments.

enjoy the reading and benefit from it.

1 comments:

GCL BROKING responded on July 28, 2021 at 12:41 PM #


Hey Thanks for sharing this blog its very helpful to implement in our work

Regards LEARN More Our Services: how to invest in ipo